Wednesday, December 15, 2010

”Just-I-See Justice”

     As the ice came down and flame found its stride in


the X-mas chimney, I laid ink in cursive to the fallen


white. Next level I embrace you in the company of


an old friend. I travel lifeless through the cosmic


energy of my rival’s survival. I have looked into


despairs pit gazing at the whole in my punctured


heart. I stare at the abyss and see the bottom of a


waste basket filled with crumpled paper. Knowledge


peeks through the folds revealing life lessons. I


learned that inspiration can uninspire. I learned


better flow when I stopped apologizing. I learned


that there is no point in housing a soul without a


voice. I’ve felt the warmth of humility and the icey


fingers of be trail. Lost old friends and gained new


ones. I’ve learned how to shut the fuck up and listen,


finally. I found irony in the peers that taught me fear


in naive youth, only to make me feared by the fearful.


I learned to lust for chocolate treats and brandy,


heating my lungs in spirit and flesh. I learned the


sadness of a nigger’s definition then refused to


participate. I learned that I only feel lonely when I


entertain hate at the party of joy. I became


reacquainted with the bottom of my reflection and


saw growth inside silver whiskers. I learned evolution


was imminent. I learned that the greenest students


make the best teachers. I learned the karma of


passive aggression as well as the importance of a


secret war. Iv’e learned to be agreeably disagreeable. I


have learned the persistence of evil thoughts who


travel through the fibers of your pillow case. The


seduction of sugar when one sails solo. I’ve learned


the dance of spirits as they told tales of what really


mattered.


I learned to love again.

1 comment:

  1. Love this one~

    My favorite line

    I’ve learned the dance of spirits as they told tales of what really mattered.

    Entertain only words that provide ripe fruit in your bowl….

    ReplyDelete