Friday, March 28, 2014

Who He Really Was… (Sincere)





6 foot, 2 inches/ long reach/

Orthodox or southpaw with his speech/

The type to lay silent and make noise/

The type to get challenged and stay poised/

A fighter/ a graffiti writer/

Similar to me he was an outsider/

Not afraid to scrap/ but afraid to fail/

Full of conflict/ trying to prevail/

From the fight inside he was having with his self/

Walked the opposite way of everybody else/

Cats that popped shit would leave him amused/

Cats that talked dumb would leave him confused/

Like Negro, how could you not know?/

Many thought that he had a huge ego/

Arrogant was his demeanor but not his core/

He was the cat that told me I should rap more/

A man of few words/ and not a lot of patients/

But would seek out wisdom in conversation/

Clever with his thoughts/ and bold with his words/

He’d say what we would of said if we had the nerve/

He knew the streets well/ but not well enough/

He wasn't the type that tried to act tough/

Just a real dude that may come across cavalier/

So much so he called himself Sincere/

Born in December of 77

September of 13/ he went to 
Heaven/

We were at peace before his eyes closed/

That’s why I’m here to let you all know/

Who he really was/

Who he really is/

How he made his moves/

And how he lived/

Some of y’all thought right train wrong tracks/

And if you thought that you’re not looking at the facts/

The fact is my brother was keeping it raw/

And his tolerance for bull was lower than ours/

So if you didn't know/ well now you know/

I’ll see you when it’s my turn little bro/

For all you other cats that miss Sincere/

Give you loved one flowers while they’re still here/

This way they are still alive to smell them/

Let them know how much you love while you can tell them/



   
Bleu...


Welcome to the Track #9 lyrics of the "A Moment of Clarity" project... I have 2 cuts in his honor and I even have my Mother on the track... That's right... Mom has contributed a verse. I am not going to Blog-Out every track... But I had to share this part of the project for obvious reasons...



Headed to the Blue Room Studios in D.C. to record next weekend*

out...



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, heartfelt poem. You were able to capture the essence of who your brother was in a well constructed poetic flow. I feel like I know he really is now. I know your family appreciates this. Job well done Lamont.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro way to Bring it hard and pull us readers in your story MAD PROPS!

    ReplyDelete