Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spiritual Warfare



Spiritual War


I started as a warrior in heaven before birth

Unaware of the battle between the spirits on Earth

Contrary to one another

Contrary to my own

The battle lines were drawn and the differences were shown

As I began striving for excellence, I made enemies content with mediocrity

Being diligent, I made enemies content with laziness

Looking for unity I made enemies working to divide

Finding joy I made enemies lost in misery…

Let me stop here for a moment for I am not a teacher, preacher or high paid speaker.

I’m just a story teller, telling you of when I was weaker, and how the game goes deeper

My personal war was first declared by a compliment

Which spoke on the rigid nature of my vertical spine

How I held my shoulders back and chin high by divine design

I didn’t know that compliments rooted in envy are declarations of war

Listen close, for the humble, this may cause some confusion

A compliment rooted in envy is a declaration of war

Imminent like evolution, life struggles and revolution

For example; “Must be nice”

Words like these leave a coward’s tongue for spite

A demon masquerading as an angel of light

The energy didn’t feel right

So I moved on

I felt the darkness

So I pressed on


I continued to walk with excellence deep inside the souls of my tattered shoes

Stumbling across the uneven bumps spread over mediocre floors.

As I refused to fall or lose I made enemies that resembled family members

Y’all don’t hear me, so I will repeat it clearly.

As I refused to fall or lose I made enemies that resembled family members

I never realized that I was like a dead man walking

Marked for simply for providing a spark

Marked for being courageous at heart

Marked for having the Lord’s conformation

To eyes who need bare witness to the Lord’s good grace

This grace just makes the devil more insistent

This grace just makes his legions more persistent

I found out the hard way, by minds that were narrow

One day I was shot with betrayel’s flaming arrow.

It entered my back and pierced my heart

I can still taste the poison of a bold face lie that remains in my bloodstream

It would have been easy for me to lie down and die

Asking over and over, “Oh why God, why?”

But as I tended my wounds and wrapped them in dressings

I looked around and realized that I still had my blessings

My spiritual armor became stronger and their hate lasted longer

Forgive them father, for they do not know what they do

I would be just like them if I held on to my anger


So to my enemies I say “I forgive you too”




 



No comments:

Post a Comment